Thursday, December 4, 2014

thick and chewy triple chocolate cookies!

 


These are - hands down - the best chocolate cookies I've ever eaten!

Just to give you an idea of their decadence . . .

One pound of melted semi-sweet chocolate is added to the batter; that, along with 4 eggs! Making for deliciously chocolaty cookies that are incredibly moist and chewy. 

They remind me somewhat of a brownie, but in the form of a cookie. 




I offer them on my catering/baked goods menu . . . and they're always a hit.

During the holidays, I add Andes Creme de Menthe or Peppermint Crunch (along with semi sweet chocolate chips) to the batter to add a festive twist . . . and they're soooo good!

So if you're looking for an amazing cookie to share with your family and friends this holiday season, then give these cookies a try. You'll LOVE them, too!





thick and chewy triple chocolate cookies
Resist the urge to bake the cookies longer than indicated; 
they may appear under baked at first, but will firm as they cool.
.      .      .      .      .      .      .      .
2 cups (10 ounces) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Dutch processed cocoa
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons INSTANT coffee or espresso powder
10 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
.      .      .      .      .      .      .      .


Adjust oven racks to upper middle and lower middle positions and heat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. 

Whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl; set aside.

Microwave chocolate at 50 percent power for 2 minutes. Stir chocolate and continue heating until melted, stirring once every additional minute; set aside to cool slightly.

Whisk eggs and vanilla together in medium bowl, sprinkle with instant coffee over the top to dissolve, and set aside.

Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar at medium speed until combined, about 45 seconds; mixture will look granular. Reduce speed to low, gradually add egg mixture, and mix until incorporated, about 45 seconds. Add melted chocolate in steady stream and mix until combined, about 40 seconds, scraping down bowl as needed.

With mixer still running on low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not over beat.
Fold in 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips to batter. 

If you're adding Andes mints or Peppermint Crunch, then decrease semi-sweet chocolate chips to 1 cup; and add 2 cups of Andes.

Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until consistency is scoopable and fudgelike, about 30 minutes.

Working with 2 Tablespoons of dough at a time, roll into balls and place 1 1/2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.

Bake until edges of cookies have just begun to set but centers are still very soft, about 10 minutes, switching and rotating baking sheets halfway through baking. 

Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes; transfer cookies to wire rack and let cool to room temperature. (Courtesy Cook's Illustrated)






LET'S STAY in touch!





Sharing with . . . .

Stephanie Lynn, It's Overflowing, Twelve O Eight, Carrie This Home, Baking in Pajamas, Huckleberry Love, Dwellings, Smart Party Planning,  The Dedicated HouseMod Vintage LifeLori's Culinary Creations, Home Stories, StoneGableAn Extraordinary Day, I'm Not a Trophy Wife, Between Naps on the Front Porch, Rustic Refined,  Tumbleweed ContessaA Stroll Thru Life,Life With GarnishElizabeth & Co,  My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Savvy Southern StyleThe Recipe CriticJanine HuldieCarolyn's Homework,  Fluster Buster   Designs by Miss Mandee,  Craftie Allie,  Wednesday morning The Blissful Bee,  The Newlywed Pilgrimage Chic California, Lamberts LatelyLive Laugh RoweSweet Bella Roos, The Charm of Home, From My Front Porch to ours, Delightsome Life.Posed PerfectionKatherine's CornerNancherrowThe Freshman Cook,  Jann OlsonHome  Maid SimpleAnderson + Grant,  Rooted in ThymeEveryday Enchanted Home, Pure Grace Farms A Dish of Daily Life, Bacon Time, Sunflower Supper Club, Tater Tots and Jello,  Cooking with CurlsMade from PinterestSimply Gloria



20 comments:

  1. I've never tried the Andes bits in my baking -- thank you for the inspiration. Your photos are always an excellent representation of the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look positively scrumptious. I have plans to bake for neighbors and friends and this recipe just got added, thank you for this.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm adding these to my Christmas baking list. Hopefully I will be able to show a little restraint and not overindulge. Who am I kidding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family loves brownies, so I know these cookies would be a huge hit at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at chocolate decadence! These look amazing. My husband's opinion is that the only desserts really worth eating are brownies and chocolate chip cookies (I know, how did he forget the cheesecake?), and so this recipe would be his IDEAL dessert :) Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look fabulous. I love chewy brownie like cookies. Thanks for sharing, visiting from Marvelous Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Triple chocolate, with some mint, sign me up! Suzanne these cookies look amazing! Seeing this yummy cookie recipe has made my day, I Love this flavor combination! So creative!
    All month long I am featuring different holiday cookie creations for my cookie countdown to Christmas! I would love it if you stopped by to check it out! :-)
    Cathy@threekidsandafish.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look fabulous! My husband is a chocolate lover, and the mint, oh my! Thanks for sharing! Stopping by from Marvelous Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzanne... I think I might need to put "Cook's Illustrated" on my Christmas list. All I can say is WOW! And I haven't even had a bite! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, those are decadent! I'm craving some chocolate--maybe I need to make up a batch of these! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad to hear that you have a catering menu. I just read your spice cake post and I was thinking you could definitely sell these amazing foods you create! There can never be enough chocolate in my life so these cookies sound delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could seriously eat the whole plate of these cookies. YUM! Thanks so much for linking up to Wonderful Wednesday blog hop. I love this idea. Sharing!

    Blessings,
    Diane Roark
    recipesforourdailybread

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are AMAZING! Thank you so SO much for linking up at the Wonderful Wed. Blog Hop. Your blog is beautiful and besides these delish cookies, I must take the recipes along also for the cake, pie, muffin...of so many fabulous things to try. You really do a nice job! Carrie, A Mother's Shadow

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! Those look soooo good! Any recipe that has chocolate and the words "fudge-like" definitely gets my attention. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can almost smell them! Looks so good. Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks so yummy! VERY popular on our blog hop. You are featured this coming week :) Smile!
    Hope to see you there. Sinea from Ducks 'n a Row (we go live Tuesday 7pm ET)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A cookie that reminds you of a brownie? I must make these!! Thank you for sharing your recipe at Your Turn To Shine!! Pinning and sharing :) -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous9:47 AM

    These cookies look like the ultimate chocolate cookie Suzanne, we don't have Andes Baking Pieces here in the UK, it's a shame as I adore anything minty. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!! Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm looking to make some chocolate cookies today. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, those look and sound amazing! I love chocolate! I am pinning this! Thanks for sharing at On Display Thursday. We'd love to have you join us again tomorrow morning! :)
    -Leia @ Eat It & Say Yum

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...