Thursday, April 30, 2015

chicken salad with citrus pepper dressing



We love salads, especially during the Spring and Summer months.

I hope I get the chance to share many of the refreshing salads that we enjoy through the warmer months.





My chicken salad with citrus pepper dressing is so simple to assemble . . . and the dressing is as easy as can be to prepare. You probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry and fridge.

Home-made dressings can transform a salad! Wouldn't you agree?

This citrus pepper dressing is fresh-tasting, light, zippy and a little spicy. It's perfect paired with chicken or shrimp, and sliced avocados.

I add pansies to give it extra color and a touch of Spring beauty.

I think it would be the perfect salad to serve at a Bridal or Baby Shower . . . and even for a Mother's Day Brunch.

Come by here for more Spring Brunch recipes and inspiration.




chicken salad with citrus pepper dressing
.     .     .     .     .     .     .
3 cups torn romaine lettuce
1 1/2 cups torn speckled lettuce or baby speckled lettuce
1 1/2 cups torn red leaf lettuce or baby red leaf lettuce
12 ounces cooked chicken, cut into strips *grilled chicken, if possible
.     .     .     .     .     .     .
pansies (optional)
lemon thyme sprigs (optional)
avocado, sliced (optional, but recommended)
.     .     .     .     .     .     .
In a large bowl toss together romaine, speckled lettuce and red leaf lettuce.
Arrange lettuce mixture on dinner plates. Top with chicken and avocado slices.
Drizzle with dressing.
Garnish with pansies, lemon thyme sprigs, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.




citrus pepper dressing
.     .     .     .     .     .     .
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon finely shredded orange zest
3 Tablespoons orange juice
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons fresh snipped lemon thyme
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
dash of cayenne pepper
.     .     .     .     .     .     .
In a screw top jar combine olive oil, orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice, snipped lemon thyme, garlic, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
Cover and shake well.
Use immediately or chill for up to 3 days.
Before serving, let chilled dressing stand for 30 minutes at room temperature. 
Shake before using.






LET'S STAY in touch!
.      .      .      .      .


Thank you so much for stopping by!
I love reading your comments and appreciate them so much!





10 comments:

  1. I'd love to dine at your house! You make food look exceptionally pretty.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say other than it is totally beautiful --the salad and your photos. I wish I could just trail after you for one day -- I promise I'd even bring my own food. The salad recipe is on the roster this coming week. Since we aren't at home for a month it may be a challenge to find pansies. Hey!! I could go for a long walk and snoop around the neighborhoods, perhaps I'll find someone who has them in the yard -- I don't think they'd miss a few blossoms, do you?? Great job Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think homemade dressings make a huge difference, and I'm always open to trying new ones! This whole salad seems so fresh and light... and simple! Love the pansy touch.
    You had asked about a photo of a bedroom, and you were right-it's a Tom Schreerer room :) Here is the link: http://www.tomscheerer.com/content/projects/country.shtml
    If you go to the last project listed under "country" - Andalusia, PA - you will find it. Pretty, huh!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love salads, too, and this one sounds delicious! I can't wait for warm evenings when we're eating dinner outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredibly refreshing salad...I could totally tuck into this right now.

    Thanks for linking up to Marvelous Monday on Smart Party Planning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a beautiful way of styling your food, it looks so wonderful and fresh . A wonderful recipe ♥ thank you for sharing at the Thursday Things Blog Hop. Watch for your feature next Monday xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the look of your blog! and this recipe looks amazing! Pinning now so I can try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love chicken salads, this version with the citrus pepper dressing sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:12 AM

    Oh my goodness - this looks and sounds delicious! I love the addition of the colorful pansies. Thanks for linking up at Talented Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to make this for my book club girls! Thanks for sharing Suzanne. Featured you at Be Inspired this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...