Monday, October 3, 2011

mercury glass pumpkins

   
Fall has arrived . . .   

. . . and with that begins the transformation of my home from bright summer colors to rich colors like burnt oranges, mocha & chocolate browns, beige linens, black accents, and ivory pottery. I love incorporating patterns with faint stripes and houndstooth to add character to my Fall color palette and decor.  

Speaking of decor, I want to share a favorite of mine with you. While unpacking my Halloween & Fall decorations over the weekend, I couldn't help but notice that I have quite a large collection of mercury glass pumpkins, of all shapes and sizes. I've always been a big fan of mercury glass . . . . and display pieces with every season and holiday.     
     
Here are a few ideas of how I've used them in my decor . . .    
   
 perched atop candle holders
 on my mantle amidst lush Fall florals and twinkling lights
atop cake pedestals
displayed in a cluster on my dining room table 
carefully positioned on small tables around my home amidst 
Fall nuts & berries 
 . . . and the list goes on 

They are truly a stunning compliment 
to Halloween and Fall decor.   


  pottery barn


These silver pumpkins echo the look of 1930s hobnail glass.

Beautiful.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...