Wednesday, May 8, 2013

a French-inspired tea party

My mom is a special lady.

She is a woman of grace and faith.

Beautiful . . . inside and out.

She loves pink . . . and frills.

She loves flowers . . .
                and all things feminine.

She appreciates and enjoys beautiful desserts . . .
                and recently re-discovered the French macaron.

. . . and so inspired my search for the perfect 
French-inspired High Tea 
in honor of her 
70th birthday

Please join me to see what I have planned for her special day!

our Venue . . .

I made reservations for an intimate group of 12 at


the Invitation . . .

High Tea ~ pink

I ordered this invitation for her birthday tea (name & date changed, of course)
Aren't they beautiful.

I bought them here.

I chose envelopes lined with gold leaf cherry blossom branches.



Beauty & whimsy . . .

I was inspired when I found these pink & gold glittered tassels.

I think they will add a charm and whimsy to her tea party.


a table setting . . . 

I adore these Cake Papers from Carol & Company.

They're a perfectly simple and elegant backdrop for our place settings. 



Centerpieces . . .

Clusters of petite white and glass bud vases down the center of the tables, 
each one holding a single soft pink or creme flower. 

 fine art america. collar city brownstone. tricia foley in the country.

Dessert . . .

A beautiful birthday cake . . . perhaps a pink Ruffle Cake by Cameo Cake Company.

Guest favors . . . 
. . . a small box of Macarons for each guest to take home. 

Edible gold paint and glitter has stolen my heart, 
and I think it will steal my mom's heart too.

Loverly. Cupcakes for Breakfast. Lily Love Lock.

And finally, satin pink ribbon and a Merci gift tag for the favor boxes.

luvcrystals on etsy

I even love the idea of dressing up my mom's chair with something pretty!

hostess with the mostess

I think my mom will love her birthday tea!




1 comment:

  1. Hope everything turns out great! I just threw my little girl a Paris themed party and is was a success!

    http://sweetjaneparties.blogspot.com/2013/04/blog-post.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...