Wednesday, June 5, 2013

our Memorial Day


I thought it would be fun to share a few photos from our Memorial Day with you!


Our oldest daughter, Charley, helped me set the table. 

She added the red flowers to each place setting. A very pretty touch!

Red, white and blue flowers from the garden.


 

I've fallen for seagrass this Summer.

Seagrass paired with simple patterns, like a chevron print.

I kept our table simple with fresh flowers, ears of corn, and a pitcher of THE BEST EVER home-made blackberry and mint lemonade.

~ SEAGRASS chargers ~

Our menu was inspired by a recent lunch I had at Classics Flowers & Confections.

I had a BBT. Have you ever heard of it?

It's a Basil~Bacon~and~Tomato Sandwich on buttery brioche

It is hands-down the best sandwich I have ever had. Ever. 


What made it so delicious . . . besides the buttery brioche bread and smoked applewood bacon . . . was the dressing on the bread . . . 

                  Basil Aoli!

And it was incredible!

I know, it might sound weird . . . BASIL on a traditional BLT, but it is AMAZING!

Basil leaves paired with Basil AOLI is so delicious!!! (Recipe on the way!)

Instead of BBQ-ing that day, I re-created the BBT that I had at Classics Flowers & Confections . . . and I'm so glad that I did. 

Even my husband, who's quite particular, gave it rave reviews.

~ the ingredients to make Basil Aoli ~

We also enjoyed fresh, sweet corn-on-the-cob, strawberries, and THE BEST EVER home-made blackberry and mint lemonade in mason jars with paper straws.

It felt like a Summer picnic in our very own dining room!



For dessert, I dipped butter waffle cookies in white chocolate and then sandwiched them with vanilla bean ice cream. 

They were so darn good!!


My husband and I worked hard on house projects that weekend, so it was so nice to sit down ~ at the end of a long weekend ~ and enjoy a fun and festive Memorial Day menu.

A great way to kick off Summer!




Happy Summer, friends!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...