Tuesday, June 25, 2013

very berry sour cream shortcakes


Instead of fussing over desserts this Fourth of July, host a . . . 

                                 Very Berry Shortcake bar! . . .

              allowing your guests to assemble their very own shortcakes!


All you need are . . . 


 ~ assorted berries ~
strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries

and
fresh whipped cream

 

I make shortcakes using my recipe for Sour Cream Scones.

They're similar to biscuits, but slightly sweet, tender, and moist!


Sour Cream "Shortcakes" are so delicious and easy to make!


The crispy top (courtesy of the baked raw sugar, yum!) . . . make these Very Berry Shortcakes extra special.



A sweet (but not too sweet) Summer dessert . . .







for daily inspirations . . .








13 comments:

  1. Oh this has to be absolutely scrumptious. This is such an awesome post. I would love it if you would share this post at our WIW linky party. Hope you can join us!

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:26 PM

    I love scones and I love shortcake, so this is a perfect combination Suzanne! Great ideas. Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful. You had me at scone.

    Coming from Rattlebridge Farm link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne, thank you for adding such super snacks & treats to the table. I hope to see you again soon. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing. What a fun holiday breakfast! Can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, these look amazing! I'm definitely going to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! This looks amazing. Thank you so much for linking up to my linky party. Hope to see more from you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks divine.
    I have to try making some of those scones..:)

    -Priyam from http://priyam-simplejoys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This looks absolutely delicious, we love berry desserts over here at our house.

    Krista @ joyfulhealthyeats

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look amazingly delicious! Such a good idea, and I'm sure very tasty. Thanks so much for sharing at Best of the Weekend. Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Yum! These sound fabulous! Will be trying your recipe for sure. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzanne, just hopping back to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jann!

      I'm so excited to be featured on SYC this week! Yay!
      Thank you so much!!
      Suzanne

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...