Wednesday, August 20, 2014

edible, the magazine



I received a few emails after sharing this post, asking me about the magazine in the photo above.

Since I'm a big fan of edible magazine, I thought I would share a few of the photos in this particular issue, as well as a little more information about this breath-taking magazine.





Edible is published four times a year . . . Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring . . . and celebrates the local, sustainable food sources of areas from all over the United States. 

I picked up this issue while on my Annual FALL trip to Solvang, California, with my mom and sister last year. 

I spotted it's beautiful and festive cover while visiting one of my favorite spots on our trip . . .  Avila Valley Barn. ((You must stop by and see their website!




~ Take a peak at this GREAT article on the history of APPLE CIDER ~


Every season edible serves up a combination of profiles, features, and recipes that illuminate the people who work so hard to bring this bounty to our tables. 

Intertwined throughout the magazine they include food as art through stunning photography and illustrations. 

It's a feast for the eyes, the intellect, and the palate.


~ The magazine is published with a matte finish ~



~ I love this simple Fall table-setting! ~



 

 


Before vacationing to a new region or city, I visit the edible website and search for issues that feature that region. It's a great way to get to know the area, farms, restaurants, and local events beforehand.

You can find a lengthy list of edible communities here and here. Who knows, you might find your region/city in an edible issue!

here are just a FEW issues . . .



LET'S STAY in touch!









7 comments:

  1. What a lovely magazine and the pictures are beautiful. I have been to Solvang many times when I was a little girl. It was always such a fun trip. Thanks for bringing back those great memories. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Blessings,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome magazine. I could easily wind away a few hours in the sunshine reading this!

    Thanks for linking up to Marvelous Monday on Smart Party Planning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:15 AM

    What a gorgeous magazine! I'm definitely going to check it out:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:56 AM

    I hoard food magazines like there's not tomorrow, I'd love to have this one in my collection. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!! Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely magazine with such amazing pictures. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful magazine - it reminds me of one of my favorites from a while back, "La Vie Claire" - beautiful photos! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went and investigated this magazine last night before I got to this post. I saw the cover on your other post and it really got my attention. This sounds right up my alley and I have never heard of it. I am from a rural area but, it is full of farms and fresh food! We need this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...