Sunday, September 21, 2014

early Fall crushes



There are certain times of year when I discover special and unique seasonal finds at the market and Farmer's Market . . . and Fall is my favorite time of year for discovering seasonal treasures.

I thought it would be fun to share a few of my favorite finds (crushes) over the last few weeks . . .

.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .
casaba melon
canned Organic Pumpkin has arrived!
woven jute placemats
orange and burnt orange paper straws
long stem freckled pumpkins
Fall lilies
Caramel Apple Pie & Pumpkin Spice K-Cups! 
.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .




Have you ever tried a casaba melon? Oh my heavens, they're delicious . . . juicy . . . and oh so sweet!

I spotted them at the Farmer's Market . . . and thought that their skin was quite unique. 

It wasn't until I sampled a piece that I couldn't buy one fast enough. That's what's so neat about Farmer's Markets . . . FREE samples of fruits, vegetables, and cookies/pastries and honey! 



  


Long stem freckled pumpkins!

There's something so incredibly charming about long stems on pumpkins. Their long, twisted, gnarled stems give them so much character . . . and I love that they look like you just picked them from a pumpkin patch.






Have you ever seen burnt orange lilies?

They're breath-taking, especially when  the sun shines on them.

I buy lots of sunflowers this time of year, but when I saw these . . . I was captivated by them.
I brought them home and paired them with a large bowl of long-stem freckled pumpkins.






Perhaps one of my favorite seasonal finds so far are these braided jute placemats.

I'm a big fan of jute. In fact, all the rugs and carpet runners in our home are made of jute. I think it's natural fibers like this one that add extra warmth to a home (smile). 

I think my new braided placemats cozy-up our dining room table . . . and I love it! 




Have you seen the new Fall seasonal Keurig flavors!?! Pumpkin Spice and Caramel Apple Pie!

Add a few tablespoons of Hazelnut Creamer to both and you have an over-the-top delicious hot drink to keep you warm during these cooler Fall mornings and evenings!


 



And for a little Fall fun . . . extra thick paper straws!

I found these darling straws at a local gift shoppe. I love their pattern and color. They're so festive . . . and go great in a pumpkin or apple pie shake!!





What are your early Fall favorites?

Here are a few more of mine, here.



LET'S STAY in touch!







12 comments:

  1. That melon sounds delicious! Your farmer's market always sounds like such a neat place. Love the straws, too. Seems like you'd have to smile when using them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had those melons before, but haven't seen them in years. I'll have to check the farmer's market next weekend. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen burnt orange lilies, and they are spectacular! I love going to our farmers market, but I'm in a pretty conservative area and we just got our first Starbucks about 7 years ago! I don't drink coffee so not aware of "cream flavors" but I'll mention to my hubs since he loves coffee. I love Fall and hopefully it will be as beautiful as it has been the last few days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am completely in the mood for fall after reading this :) Everything you featured brings a smile to my face. Those pumpkins are so unique, and the lilies are stunning. You've inspired me to make a pumpkin shake. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this list, Suzanne! Fall is such a wonderful season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Fall finds! All new to me and fun to learn about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your post!! love your fall finds. I just picked up some of the long stemmed freckled pumpkins because I love the interest in the stems too! Those straws are adorable! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Suzanne! I have never seen such flowers, they are perfect for the season and so delicate. Your photography really makes them stand out. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:48 AM

    Beautiful photo's Suzanne, I love the look of those coffee flavours yum! Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!! Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete
  10. sweet, lovely photos as always. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely! I have purchased those sweet melons on occasion...what a treat!
    Thanks for sharing your treats with us at Project Inspire{d}!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic finds! I've never seen those melons before, but they look delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...