Thursday, April 1, 2010

About Me . . .



Welcome to Simply, Suzanne's

I am Suzanne . . . the thoughts and words behind the postings. I am a wife and mom of four beautiful children that I completely adore. I am a girl who admires and adores tradition, loves family, and is truly passionate about cooking, baking, and entertaining.  

I grew up in a home where my mom paid close attention to details. She loved to bake and entertain; and although she didn't know it at the time, she always had a way of making special occasions extra special.  She taught me all that I know about etiquette, and its importance in entertaining. Emily Post was a common household name in my home growing up . . . and my mom still quotes Miss Post today!  

My blog's name Simply, Suzanne was actually inspired by a dear friend, Frances, who wrote me a thank you note for dropping off a bag of home-baked food for her and her family who were recovering from being sick. In her note she wrote that everything was baked, packaged, tied, and labeled in just the way that I do things . . . and wrote that my home-baked gift was just that . . . Simply, Suzanne.   
  
Although Simply, Suzanne's started as a canvas to share recipes and entertaining ideas with family and friends . . . it has somewhat evolved into a food and entertaining diary for my daughters.  Although they are too young to read my postings . . . my hope & goal is to publish the many posts that I've shared over the years, and will continue to share, in a book that I can give them when they are wives and mothers themselves. I'm excited for them to have my favorite recipes, and read of my passions, and culinary & entertaining adventures during their growing years.  

I hope you join me in my culinary and entertaining journey to perfect recipes and master entertaining. But most of all, I hope you find inspiration HERE! 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...