Friday, September 20, 2013

fall in Colorado

This Saturday, September 22nd, is the first day of Fall. 

It hasn't felt like Fall could even be approaching, given the recent temperatures in Southern California. When the daily temperatures are in the high 90s, it's hard to feel the spirit of Fall. 

I've even had a hard time imagining my front porch covered in pumpkins and twinkle lights, let alone Fall decor in my home. I'll be honest, it kinda bummed me out a little . . . BUT that's all changed in the last 24 hours!



How, you might ask? 

My little ones and I traveled with my husband to a charming town called Highlands Ranch, south of Denver, for a two week visit. We were pleasantly surprised when we walked out of the airport only to look at each other and comment on the chill in the air. It was a brisk 56 degrees.  To some, that might not seem cold ~ but to a Southern California girl ~ that's chilly.

While touring a few of the Main Streets in local towns . . . I saw mounds of Fall colored mums gathered around store fronts, buckets of pumpkins ~ orange and white ~ as well as gourds of all sizes and colors. Simply, beautiful.





It's hard not to smile when you see such beauty. 

Welcome Fall!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...