Monday, December 23, 2013

a Christmas home tour, Part 2 . . .


We have a more formal room in our home. It's colors are dark and rich. I love it's warm, cozy feel, especially during Christmas. 

Our Christmas tree finds a special place here. This room is where we enjoy sitting in front of our fireplace and reading to our little ones, relaxing, and having casual, light dinners cozied up on the sofa and love-seat.

A few of my favorites this season . . .

matte gold, black, mercury glass, and pops of red
Pheasant feathers topped our tree this year!
Black & linen damask 
boxwood & matte gold ribbons
monograms
mercury glass, one of my greatest loves!
cedar garland



~  a favorite Winter read ~
 




~ jingle bells ~


 ~ my newest mercury glass ornament, Saint Nicholas ~


I grew up admiring this Nativity scene. It is very special to me.

It's  my late grandma's. My uncle hand-painted it and gave it to her for a Christmas gift more than 20 years ago. I am so blessed to have it now.  

I proudly display a few pieces of it every year. It serves as a beautiful reminder to us of the reason we celebrate this joyous time of year.





"God grant you the light in Christmas, which is faith;
the warmth of Christmas, which is love;
the radiance of Christmas, which is purity;
the righteousness of Christmas, which is justice;
the belief in Christmas, which is truth;
the all of Christmas, which is Christ."
                                                  - Wilda English




Wishing you a Merry Christmas!


LET'S STAY in touch!






















8 comments:

  1. Suzanne,
    I loved every photo!!!
    The Nativity is precious!!!
    Merry Christmas!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Martina!
      Merry Christmas to you and yours,
      Suzanne

      Delete
  3. Wishing you the BRIGHTEST of New Years my friend!!! Hugs to you and yours family! We miss you : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Andrea, I took much loved time with my family and kids this season. I look forward to blogging again in January. Thank you so much for your sweet note.
      Sending hugs and warm wishes for a Happy, Happy New Year!
      Suzanne

      Delete
  4. Simply BEAUTIFUL! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is just beautiful Suzzane. It's nice to have treasures passed on from one so dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, everything is absolutely stunning. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...