Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Liebster blog award



Before crawling into bed late one night a few weeks ago, I thought I would take a look to see if any new comments had posted.  I read one from sweet Cathy at Three Kids & a Fish. She had nominated me for a Liebster award. It was such a lovely surprise. Thank you so much, Cathy.

"Liebster" (which is German for "dearest") is a nomination-based award granted to up-and-coming bloggers. It’s a lovely show of support and camaraderie from fellow bloggers. This recognition is truly heartwarming.

As a result of my nomination, I get to answer some questions that Cathy posed, and in turn pick 11 more bloggers for the Liebster & and give them the opportunity to share. 




eleven random facts about me


I have FOUR uhhhhmazing kids that I love to pieces.

Prior to being a full-time stay-at-home mom, I was a Bereavement Counselor & Coordinator
in a hospital and Hospice. It was my favorite job (outside the home) ever.
I learned so many life lessons working in the field of death and dying.

I made the vertical hike to the TOP of Waynu Picchu in South America.

I believe in the power of prayer.

I'm a member of The Cloud Appreciation Society.

I don’t wait for special occasions to eat and drink from pretty dishes. 
I use them all time, especially when I have a quiet moment to myself.
I’ll have a cup of tea from the china that my mom passed down to me.

Morning is my favorite time of day.
To me, mornings signify a new beginning . . . and I love what that means.
My husband and I got married early in the morning.
I told him that I wanted to see the sun rise over the hills, and we did.

I LOVE chocolate . . . and have a small piece (sometimes more) almost every day.
But because I'm a chocolate snob, I don't eat just any ol’ chocolate.
It has to be Belgian or Swiss. My favorite is Swiss dark chocolate.

I've ridden in a hot air balloon (quite amazing!) and the GoodYear blimp (also quite amazing)!

I've dreamed of opening a Bed-and-Breakfast since I was 18 years old.

I LOVE flowers . . . and buy FRESH cut flowers every week. 
It’s something that I've done since I was in my 20s.


My two favorite quotes . . . 
“Be still and know that I am God”
“The value of persistent prayer is not that God will hear you, but that we will finally hear God.”






eleven questions that I have been asked

Why did I start blogging
Please read the About Me section on my blog. It’s all right there.

What is your favorite vacation spot
My husband and I are excited to take our kids to Yosemite when they're old enough to climb rocks and hike. It is gorgeous there! Oh wait, there and Hershey, Pennsylvania. They would love it!

What is your favorite hobby
Hmmmm . . . I love baking, cooking, photography, and blogging.

What is your favorite post from your own blog

What is one thing you enjoy most about your family
The love and happiness that I feel when we’re all together. There’s really nothing like it. I am so grateful and blessed to have such a wonderful family. 

If you could stay the same age forever what would it be
I felt the most balanced and healthy (both mentally and physically) in my late twenties, after I had finished school and was established in a career.

What is your favorite holiday
Oh gosh, this is a hard question to answer . . .
Thanksgiving is probably my favorite right now. I've had the privilege of making a formal, traditional Thanksgiving dinner for my family the last two years.  Because I love to cook (and bake), entertain, and be with my family . . . I find this holiday absolutely wonderful.

If you could live anywhere outside of the US where would you live
Italy! Amazing food and beautiful country!

Do you collect anything
White stoneware and napkins

What is the most memorable gift you have ever received
My dad’s wedding band. It was hand-made and just beautiful. My mom gave it to me when he passed away. I had it re-sized  . . . and think of him every time I wear it.

What is one word your friends and family use to describe you
One word . . . I don’t know. I hope they would describe me as loving, caring, and happy, positive, and spiritual,.





I meet many bloggers through the comments they leave at the end of my posts. I try to respond to everyone, and by doing so I find new blogs and meet new, kind people. I have nominated a few of them today.

a few blogs that I have chosen
eleven few questions for you . . . 
Why did you start your blog?
What is your favorite movie?
Where was your last, best vacation?
What is the most memorable gift you have ever received?
What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten?
What is your favorite quote and by whom?
If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
Do you collect anything?
What is your favorite post that you've written? (Please provide link!)
What is your favorite activity?
Cook or bake?


the rules
post 11 random facts about yourself
answer the questions your nominator asked
create 11 new questions for 5 to 11 nominees who have less than 1000 followers
link your nominees to your post and tell them
no tag backs





LET'S STAY in touch!








6 comments:

  1. Dear Suzanne,
    what a great honor. I can't believe you've chosen my little Austrian blog! Lucky meeeeee! Thank you so much, you make me really happy!!! But, unfortunately, I've got the award recently – so sorry about that.
    It was very interesting to read your answers. Funny enough rock climbing – I mean mountain climbing – is my deep passion. I do it as often as I can!
    Again, thank you for "decoration"
    sunny days
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Suzanne. I always love stopping by your site. I love your food, but even if you did not have food, I would stop by for the flowers. They lift my spirit, and you have outdone yourself this week with the peonies.

    Madonna
    MakeMineLemon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award, Suzanne! I enjoyed reading your answers above. I, too, eat at least one piece of chocolate a day and always try to make it something special. Also, I'll definitely come if you ever open a bed and breakfast. I know the food would be delicious and the surroundings beautiful!
    Thank you so much for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I'm really honored you thought of me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your award, Suzanne! Thank you very much for nominating my simple blog ( which I have neglected these days :) I truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your award. What a blessing. I "stumbled" upon your blog via a comment you left on another blog. So glad I did! Beautiful photography. Looking forward to curling up with a cup of tea and my ipad later today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Feathers From My Nest, Do you happen to be Beth, author of Feathers From My Nest?
      Thank you so much for coming by! I hope you find time to relax with a cup of tea and find inspiration here. Keep in touch.
      Have a beautiful weekend,
      Suzanne

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...