Wednesday, March 25, 2015

a plants vs zombies birthday celebration



Our sweet little guy, Ford, is 6-years-old today!

He is the last of our 4 children to celebrate a birthday, so he's always beyond excited when his special day finally arrives!!

Ford asked for a Plants vs Zombies - inspired birthday party this year! It's been his favorite Android game since his cousin introduced it to him last December.

If you're a fan too, then you'll appreciate all the party details, especially his birthday cake!









We decided to host this year's celebration with a few of our close friends and family at a local Pizza Parlor. It's one of our favorite places to enjoy great pizza and fun games.  I'm a big fan of their exposed brick walls . . . and the private party room that's enclosed in glass is cool, too!

Since we didn't host at our home, I made party decorations that were 'contained' and easy to transport . . .

plants vs zombies centerpieces
red balloons with hanging zombies
buckets for utensils
festive green & white chevron paper straws  
bottles of brain juice!
peashooter PEAS
fun & festive green & white goody bags





 




We had to MOST fun decorating Ford's cake!

I wanted it to look like a 3-D edible version of the game!







I searched on-line for 3-D Plants vs Zombies puzzles, and found a few on Amazon. Here is a link to the one that I bought, here. I used the house, tree, gate, and characters to decorate the cake so that it would look like the actual game. 

The grass was made using "perfect crusting buttercream" and Wilton's cake decorating tip #233. Here's a great video on how to pipe grass, here

And finally, I bought the chocolate rocks from Powell's Candy Shoppe! I used them to help define the garden borders . . . and decorate around the house and fence (smile).









Since Ford knows more about the game than I do, he decorated the cake with the Plants vs Zombies pieces. 

It was so much fun watching him and his older sister strategically place each and every PLANT and zombie. 







My favorite part of the whole day was when Ford hugged me for a really LONG time and thanked me for a great day.  It's moments like those that make the day extra special . . . (and all the extra efforts worth it!).

He melts my heart with his affection and loving ways! I am one BLESSED Mom!

Happy Birthday, my sweet Ford!
I love you,  Mom





LET'S STAY in touch!
.      .      .      .      .
& Pinterest



Thank you so much for stopping by!
I love reading your comments and appreciate them so much!



Sharing with . . . .

Stephanie Lynn, It's Overflowing, Twelve O Eight, Carrie This Home, Baking in Pajamas, Huckleberry Love, Dwellings, Smart Party Planning,  The Dedicated HouseMod Vintage LifeLori's Culinary Creations, Home Stories, StoneGableAn Extraordinary Day, I'm Not a Trophy Wife, Karen's Up on the HillThree Kids and a FishBetween Naps on the Front Porch, Tumbleweed ContessaA Stroll Thru Life,Life With GarnishElizabeth & Co, Home Remedies,  My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Savvy Southern StyleThe Recipe CriticJanine HuldieCarolyn's Homework,  Fluster Buster   Designs by Miss Mandee,  Craftie Allie,  Wednesday morning The Blissful Bee,  The Newlywed Pilgrimage Chic California, Lamberts LatelyLive Laugh RoweThe Charm of Home, From My Front Porch to ours, Delightsome Life.Posed PerfectionKatherine's CornerNancherrowThe Freshman Cook,  Jann OlsonHome  Maid SimpleAnderson + Grant,  Rooted in ThymeEveryday Enchanted Home, Sunflower Supper Club






14 comments:

  1. I am truly amazed Suzanne at how gifted you are, a true inspiration to me! :-)
    Cathy@threekidsandafish{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cool. My boys would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT party! I love all the thought you put into bringing this game to life. It's so cute that he helped decorate the cake. He positioned each piece so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! What a sweet boy and a terrific party. Love your pictures as always Suzanne!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! My husband use to play this game all the time and I just didn't get it. I love this whole party you put together such perfection! I need to stop by here more often I really enjoy your blog.
    Have a great weekend. -Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable!! I got tears in my eyes at the end. Yes sirree those little people hold our hearts and emotions in their hands. What a wonder mommy you are -- you put your personal touch to it and that makes it extra special. Wow!! You know this will be hard to beat next year :-) The photos are fantastic and the color just pop! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my I just LOVE THIS!! :) I got hooked on this game for awhile a few years back on the computer and when the grands were getting DS's for Xmas and the request went out for us grandparents, aunts and uncles to buy games, Plants vs. Zombies was my contribution. This is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh Suzanne, you really do throw the cutest parties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:27 AM

    Wonderful cake Suzanne. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!! Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word! That cake is amazing! Your son must have been over-the-moon excited for this awesome party! So glad you stopped by to share with us at Talented Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a splendid party it was!! I really love this theme. I am truly fascinated with all party décor. I wish I could also organize such a fun party for my daughter. Well, I am planning to book one of best kid’s party space rentals in Brooklyn for her birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How long did it take for the game to be delivered?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing observations! Your response is valuable to the discussion and raises some crucial issues. In this case, please see article Click Speed Test. I like how straightforward your CPS test is. It is a fantastic tool for anyone trying to increase their clicking speed because it is simple to use and offers immediate feedback.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...