Monday, July 13, 2015

strawberry & basil water



A small group of friends and I met at one of our favorite Tea Cafe's a few weeks ago to enjoy lunch, desserts, and tea.

It's a darling Cafe and Bakery that's set up in a floral and gift shop. They serve the most delicious food and desserts!




Our server brought us tall glasses of water before she took our order.

It wasn't until I/we sipped on the water that we all ooh-ed and aah-ed. The water was amazing!

I could taste a hint of basil, and my friends could taste a hint of something sweet.  Whatever it was, it was so good! You see, there was nothing in the glasses but water and ice . . . so we were all wondering what made the water taste so good.





I had to ask . . . So what's in the water!?!

Our server shared that it was infused with strawberries and basil. Ahhhh!

Poor thing . . . I must have asked her 20 questions about it, as I knew that it was something that I had to re-create at home for family and friends.





CLASSICS strawberry : basil : water ratio is perfect. It's mild enough to give your taste buds a hint of sweet basil and strawberries, yet strong enough to make it special.

I even asked our server how many strawberries and basil leaves she adds to each pitcher of water, so that I could re-create the perfect ratio . . . 2-3 sliced strawberries and 2 basil leaves.

I feel a little silly sharing something so simple, but it's too good not to share!

I always have strawberries, but now I keep basil, too.  I make a big pitcher every morning, and enjoy it throughout the day.

It's the perfect Summer drink to share with friends and family when they come by for a visit!




strawberry & basil water
.     .     .     .     .
32 ounces of water
2-3 strawberries, sliced
2 large basil leaves
.     .     .     .     .
Combine strawberries and basil in a large pitcher. 
Add water and ice. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving, or up to 2 days.






LET'S STAY in touch!
.      .      .      .      .



Thank you so much for stopping by!
I love reading your comments and appreciate them so much!

6 comments:

  1. So simple, but so fancy at the same time! It seems like something you'd serve at a nice brunch or shower. I'm pinning this great idea for future entertaining, and to enjoy myself. I'm so glad you shared it Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh is simply screams refreshing and summer!! Your colors are so beautiful and vivid. I drink so much water I get tired of the taste and then I stop -- bad! bad! bad! This would certainly have me sipping all day. I'd feel extra special and I would hydrated like I should. Thank you for sharing!! Are you going to try some other variations? I can think blackberries or blueberries, even thyme and if you like licorice how about a fruit with tarragon? Yummy. I can't wait to make some. In fact I even have an iced tea container that can make infused tea -- I'll just use it for water. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun! Definitely trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love strawberry basil water and have always wanted to know the correct ration. I am so glad you shared it! I have a big basil plant and wonder if frozen strawberries would work when fresh are not available? Of course fresh are much more pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so delicious and refreshing! I will have to give it a try with blackberries, when our berries are ready. Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been really enjoying flavored waters this summer too. I've been using lemon and mint, love mint. But with having so many basil I'll try this out too. I don't have strawberries on hand but rasberries and I'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...