Monday, March 3, 2014

weekday Florentine . . .



I call this Weekday Florentine . . . and it's a healthy & delicious way to start your day!

I make this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, any day . . . especially when I need a quick, healthy meal.  I'm learning that some of my favorite recipes are the most simplest ones, and this is one of them.

It takes all of five minutes to prepare, and you probably have all the ingredients in your refrigerator already. It offers a ton of greens (three cups!), and all that eggy protein means you won't be searching for mid-morning or late afternoon munchies. 

The Parmesan provides the right amount of salty creaminess . . . and the red pepper flakes give it the perfect kick. Yum! I'm off to make one for lunch . . . enjoy! 




Preparation
Whisk 2 large eggs in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper and set aside. 
Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat.
Add 3 cups baby spinach and cook, tossing, until wilted, about 1 minute.
Add eggs, cook, stirring occasionally, until just set, about 1 minute.
Pull the eggs off the heat when they still look a little loose; carryover cooking will do the rest.
Stir in 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan.
Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes.
1 serving
ENJOY!

You can also customize  . . . 
Stir in a small spoonful of pesto in the last moments or cooking, or
a dollop of sour cream just before serving lends a nice creaminess and tang.

Oh, and for those of you who are looking to make a simple and delicious dinner for your husbands/families . . . toast an open face baguette and spread butter or pesto on the warm bread . . . and then top with this egg dish. 
My favorite is drizzling the bread with olive oil, sprinkling with salt & pepper, 
and then toasting until golden, add Florentine and enjoy. It is so good!



for another egg dish . . .


LET'S STAY in touch!







Sharing with . . . .

Stephanie Lynn, It's Overflowing, Twelve O Eight, Carrie This Home, Baking in Pajamas, Huckleberry Love, Dwellings, Smart Party Planning,  The Dedicated HouseMod Vintage LifeLori's Culinary Creations, Home Stories, StoneGableAn Extraordinary Day, I'm Not a Trophy Wife, Karen's Up on the HillThree Kids and a FishBetween Naps on the Front Porch, Rustic Refined,  Tumbleweed ContessaA Stroll Thru Life,Life With GarnishElizabeth & Co, Home Remedies,  My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Savvy Southern StyleThe Recipe CriticJanine HuldieCarolyn's Homework,  Fluster Buster   Designs by Miss Mandee,  Craftie Allie,  Wednesday morning The Blissful Bee,  The Newlywed Pilgrimage Chic California, Lamberts LatelyLive Laugh RoweSweet Bella Roos, The Charm of Home, From My Front Porch to ours, Delightsome Life.Posed PerfectionKatherine's CornerNancherrowThe Freshman Cook,  Jann OlsonHome  Maid SimpleAnderson + Grant,  Rooted in ThymeEveryday Enchanted Home, Pure Grace Farms A Dish of Daily Life, Bacon Time, Sunflower Supper Club, Tater Tots and Jello,  Cooking with Curls


21 comments:

  1. Eggs Florentine sound delicious! I'll be remembering this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorrie!
      Thanks so much for coming by!
      It's so easy and delicious . . . Hope you can try it soon!
      Have a great week,
      Suzanne

      Delete
  2. This sounds just like what we need for our 'meatless' meal today! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a perfect dish for today and Lenten Fridays. I'm making a salmon bake this evening that I hope to share before Friday. I think it's nice having flavorful, meatless meal in your cookbook for the Lenten season.
      Thanks for coming by!
      Have a great week,
      Suzanne

      Delete
  3. I would have this for any meal, breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY! We love breakfast, especially for dinner! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delicious! Would love it if you would share this on my Tasty Tuesday linky party, going on now...
    http://www.thecomfortsofhome.blogspot.com/2014/03/tasty-tuesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do love this dish and now I am so hungry. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I could eat this for any meal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this looks like real comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this looks so very tasty. Can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your wonderfully simple and healthy any time meal, so glad you shared it with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous4:58 AM

    I've never had eggs like this before, they look brilliant. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could easily start my day with this....especially if someone made it for me!

    Thanks for linking up to Marvelous Monday on Smart Party Planning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of my favorite ways to have eggs Suzanne - love spinach in any dish almost !
    Looks delicious - and now it's exactly what I want for supper LOL
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will be trying this for sure! On the road now but will head back over to pin!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks amazing! I can't wait to try this and I am so exited it's healthy. I can't wait to impress my family with this recipe. Thanks so much for sharing. Coco

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds delicious! I love eggs with spinach. Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend? I hope you will join us again this Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yummy! Can't wait to try. Thanks for sharing the recipe with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous12:03 PM

    I'm a fan of quick, nourishing meals. This looks wonderful Suzanne! Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!! Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness - this has my tummy rumblin'! This looks like the perfect dish - quick, easy and delicious! I'm pinning this for future use! Thank you for sharing with us at Talented Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...