Wednesday, November 18, 2015

pumpkins & pansies for our Thanksgiving table . . .



I started planning and prepping for our big Thanksgiving Dinner today!

This year will mark my 5th year hosting Thanksgiving . . . and I couldn't be more excited! 

I thought it would be fun to share this post from last year's Dinner, as I hope that it inspires your table setting. 

I'm in the works of planning this year's table setting . . . and I hope I have enough time to take a few photos next Tuesday, and share them before Thanksgiving. I'm excited about this year's table, as I'm planning to incorporate a little Christmas greenery with the pumpkins and Fall fare, which will be a first for me.

If you're hosting Thanksgiving Dinner this year too, then I know you're busy as well!

Wishing you lots of inspiration and smooth planning and preparations!

.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .


Lauren (our youngest) and I ventured South to buy more pansies for our Thanksgiving centerpiece this year.  While selecting our pansy colors, I spotted several rows of kale, purple and white/green . . . and thought that they would look pretty with our pansies, so I bought several heads of white and green kale.

 We bought beautiful Fall colors . . . rich burgundy, orange, and deep purple.





I thought it would be fun to share a small sampling of what our Thanksgiving table will look like this year. 

I took these photos just before potting some of them, so that I could get an idea of which ones needed to be planted in taller pots. I can't wait to see them ALL on our Thanksgiving table with more long-stemmed freckled pumpkins, twinkling tea lights, and formal, white place settings. 

This year's table setting is quite different from years past, as this year's colors are much brighter and cheerier. I'm excited to celebrate this side of Fall on our table.

I plan on planting the pansies and kale in our garden after Thanksgiving, so that we can continue to enjoy them through the holidays. 

How will you be decorating your table this year?









LET'S STAY in touch!
.      .      .      .      .


Thank you for stopping by!
I love reading your comments and appreciate them so much!











10 comments:

  1. How beautiful!! I love all of the natural elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is SO pretty. So natural, simple, elegant.... Visiting from Frugal Crafty Home Blog Hop!
    Andrea@TablerPartyOfTwo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that table looks stunning. You really do know how to create a beautiful display.

    Thanks for linking up to Marvelous Monday on Smart Party Planning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Now I know what my centerpiece is missing - the flowers! I love the color they add to the display. The kids and I gathered acorns, pressed leaves, small pumpkins, etc to make a lovely display, but it definitely needs a splash more color! Found your post from Written Reality Motivation Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love that you can plant them afterward and continue to enjoy them too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so naturally beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Suzanne. You will be able to enjoy the pansies all winter. Happy Thanksgiving.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this combination-and the cheery colors are so fun! You'll have some very lucky guests :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your combination of vegetables and flowers!! What a great idea and I think it is pure genius that you can plant everything afterwards enjoying the beauty and bounty!! I can't wait to hear your menu. We were supposed to host Thanksgiving but since we have a little six month old who isn't used to traveling we are catering it. We'll make all the main dishes and take them up to our sons house. There will be my daughter and her family and our other son. So all is well but I won't be decorating a table this year. Sending big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table with flowers, veggies is stunning. Did arranging that take awhile? You must have big table to be able to lay out your display and have room to eat too. How fun to enjoy all that now in house then plant later to enjoy more.
    You sure have inspired me even tho don't have table to decorate. Sure do miss that. Our house now doesn't have a dining area at all so we sold table/chairs and buffet/hutch shortly after we bought this place. To us real estate is quite expensive here, not sure we'd have moved here if we'd known. Coming from KY to western CO was big difference in prices and what we could get for what we could afford.Best part is we have 1/2 acre out in country with incredible views and lots of quiet. Sure isn't our dream house, think we left that in KY, but it is what it is.We're lucky to have 5 chickens, dog and cat. Also have daughter and her family pretty close to us. Being able to see 2 grand daughters is so nice. We missed alot of grand kids lives living in MT and KY.Kids are spread out around country.
    Hope you have wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...